About Me

My photo
I am a Colorado native, so I grew up loving the natural environment and the wild Rocky Mountains. Until recently, I always considered myself a watercolor artist and felt confined to that little “box” I put myself in. On a quest for discovery and healing, I took a workshop in mixed media techniques. Since that day, I’ve been obsessed – I’ve found a new and different way to express myself and my emotions. I’m on a constant quest to find unusual and discarded “things” to use in my paintings. I’ve used everything from plaster, twine, metal, foil, and even broken windshield glass. It all somehow becomes symbolic in my paintings and signifies a feeling or emotion. Thanks for joining me on this journey and this adventure we call life and art!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Donna Martin, Watercolor Art, Elephants, Wildlife Paintings, contemporary wildlife painting


 
 
This was a really fun painting to do and has been one of my most popular to date!   Mama and baby taking a stroll together on a sunny morning.   This original watercolor was completed on a lazy Sunday afternoon after a couple of glasses of wine.   Hence, the vibrant colors and textures!

The original piece is sold, but prints are available in various sizes. View more of my work at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-donna-martin.html

For questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment