Skip to main content

Original Mixed Media Floral Painting, "Shine On", by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin




Shine On

I've been doing alot of reflection and contemplating these days.  I've been trying to be more mindful, taking more time to really be "in the moment".  Cherishing and enjoying those rare, happy, blissful moments.  It seems that even when we are doing something we enjoy or we are with people we love, our minds are still going in a million directions and we are constantly thinking - about what happens next, what happens tomorrow, what happens next Tuesday.

As I was getting lost in creating this little painting, I was reflecting on those happy moments.  Those moments of pure joy that I will always treasure.  I thought about my little Granddaughters...their giggles and their laughter at the silly things I say to them.  The smell of fresh rain on the asphalt and breathing it in.  The majesty of the rocky mountains and how it makes me feel like I'm "home" when I see them.  Cuddling a newborn baby or seeing the look in his eye as you walk down the aisle.  The sweetness of a little puppy, their eyes so innocent...and puppy breath!  It's the little moments of pure joy where nothing else in the world matters at that moment.  That's the stuff that memories are made of.

I'm hoping that this weekend, we can all "be in the moment".  Cherish the sweetness, the laughter, the smells and the sounds.  Maybe you can be a part of someone else's joy and laughter.  I hope you take the time to be fully happy in the moment and Shine On!

8 X 8 X 1.5 Mixed Media on Birch Cradle Board.  The petals are textured and the little words on it read, "It is the sisters, wives and mothers, you know, who keep the world sweet and beautiful".  The green "leaves" are thin pieces of colored glass.  It will be finished with an epoxy resin coat, so there is no need for framing!  It is available for purchase. 

For more information, comments, or to purchase, please contact me at:

To view more of my work:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Forever Changed”, by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

  Forever Changed Sometimes people come into our lives unexpectedly.  They end up doing life with us, the good and the bad.  They see us through the most trying times and the offer us unwavering friendship and love.  They are “our person”.  Sometimes, they are gone way too soon.  But because of them, we are forever changed.  This piece has layers of papers, paints, inks, and is heavily textured. This piece is sold, but commissions are welcomed.  Feel free to contact me via email at  saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com .  You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram .   https://dmartinfineart.com/

Watercolor Landscape Painting, "Aspen Morning", by International Watercolor Artist, Donna L. Martin

This is an original watercolor landscape that I completed last year.  I just love using vibrant colors of purples and blues...makes me so happy! The original piece is sold, but prints are available in various sizes. View more of my work at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-donna-martin.html For questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com

"Daydreams", Original Batik Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

 Daydreams This piece is fresh off the easel!  It will be part of an online art show coming up in May.  There will be several artists showing work over the course of two weeks and my particular day is May 11th.  There will be so many great pieces of work! Here is the link for this show.  I hope you can make it! You can also reach me through email and social media. https://dmartinfineart.com/ https://www.facebook.com/donnamartinfineart https://www.instagram.com/donnamartinfineart/