About Me

My photo
I am a Colorado native, so I grew up loving the natural environment and the wild Rocky Mountains. Until recently, I always considered myself a watercolor artist and felt confined to that little “box” I put myself in. On a quest for discovery and healing, I took a workshop in mixed media techniques. Since that day, I’ve been obsessed – I’ve found a new and different way to express myself and my emotions. I’m on a constant quest to find unusual and discarded “things” to use in my paintings. I’ve used everything from plaster, twine, metal, foil, and even broken windshield glass. It all somehow becomes symbolic in my paintings and signifies a feeling or emotion. Thanks for joining me on this journey and this adventure we call life and art!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

"Wild and Precious Life", Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Wild and Precious Life"






This is an original mixed media painting I created, fresh off the easel.  The inspiration for this piece was to strive every day to live an authentic life and find joy in the chaos of a very ordinary life.  The quote on the piece is from one of my favorite poets, Mary Oliver, and reads, "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"  This piece was created with acrylics, inks, and painted papers.

This one is available.  Please feel free to email me with questions or comments.



Follow me on Facebook:





No comments:

Post a Comment