About Me

My photo
I am a Colorado native, so I grew up loving the natural environment and the wild Rocky Mountains. Until recently, I always considered myself a watercolor artist and felt confined to that little “box” I put myself in. On a quest for discovery and healing, I took a workshop in mixed media techniques. Since that day, I’ve been obsessed – I’ve found a new and different way to express myself and my emotions. I’m on a constant quest to find unusual and discarded “things” to use in my paintings. I’ve used everything from plaster, twine, metal, foil, and even broken windshield glass. It all somehow becomes symbolic in my paintings and signifies a feeling or emotion. Thanks for joining me on this journey and this adventure we call life and art!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Original Watercolor Horse Painting, "Dreaming", by Colorado Watercolor Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Dreaming"
 
  
This is an original watercolor painting I did of a friend's horse.  It's always a little scary when you are trying to capture someone's pet, but I think she was pleased with how it came out.  I'm surprised I didn't put any purple in this one - I usually try and sneak it in with every piece I do!

The original is sold, but prints in various sizes are available at:

For questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com

http://donnamartinfineart.com/

My work can also be seen at:

CoArt Gallery

846 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, Co 80204
P: (303)573-5503

No comments:

Post a Comment