About Me

My photo
I am a Colorado native, so I grew up loving the natural environment and the wild Rocky Mountains. Until recently, I always considered myself a watercolor artist and felt confined to that little “box” I put myself in. On a quest for discovery and healing, I took a workshop in mixed media techniques. Since that day, I’ve been obsessed – I’ve found a new and different way to express myself and my emotions. I’m on a constant quest to find unusual and discarded “things” to use in my paintings. I’ve used everything from plaster, twine, metal, foil, and even broken windshield glass. It all somehow becomes symbolic in my paintings and signifies a feeling or emotion. Thanks for joining me on this journey and this adventure we call life and art!

Friday, June 19, 2015

"Sunshine Day", Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Sunshine Day"


I feel like I'm "painting happy" again!  This is another fun, whimsical poppy painting, fresh off the easel.  It was done with acrylic inks, paint, and hand-painted paper.  It measures 12 X 12 X 1.5 and is painted on a birch cradle board canvas.  It is finished with resin and comes ready to hang.  

If you need a little sunshine, this painting is available!  Please feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or if you are interested in purchasing.



Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment