About Me

My photo
I am a Colorado native, so I grew up loving the natural environment and the wild Rocky Mountains. Until recently, I always considered myself a watercolor artist and felt confined to that little “box” I put myself in. On a quest for discovery and healing, I took a workshop in mixed media techniques. Since that day, I’ve been obsessed – I’ve found a new and different way to express myself and my emotions. I’m on a constant quest to find unusual and discarded “things” to use in my paintings. I’ve used everything from plaster, twine, metal, foil, and even broken windshield glass. It all somehow becomes symbolic in my paintings and signifies a feeling or emotion. Thanks for joining me on this journey and this adventure we call life and art!

Friday, June 12, 2015

"Sweet Dreams", Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Sweet Dreams"









Mom and her baby are sleeping among the trees.  This was done when I was thinking about Mother's Day.  Thinking about my sweet children and how fast time went by.  I regret now that I always felt so busy raising the kids that I didn't savor every single moment.  People always told me to enjoy the time because it goes so fast.  Some days, when I was in the thick of things and the chaos of raising three children, I thought they were crazy.  But time did pass quickly.  My children grew up and moved away.  It was so hard to get used to an awkward, empty house.  Now I am enjoying my grandchildren - enjoying the moments and making memories.  It's ok if we paint pictures, play dress up, and the house is a mess...we are creating memories while we still have time. 

This painting has many layers and was done with paint and acrylic inks.  It was an intuitive painting inspired by the painting styles of Tracy Verdugo and Juliette Crane.  

It is on a deep gallery wrapped canvas and measures 24 X 24.  This painting is available.  Please feel free to send me an email with any questions, comments, or if you are interested in purchasing.  I really love to hear from you!

saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com

donnamartinfineart.com

Follow me on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/donnamartinfineart

No comments:

Post a Comment