Skip to main content

"The Circle of Life", Original Mixed Media/Encaustic Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

The Circle of Life



I can finally share this piece!  I think it's become one of my favorites.  This was a commission piece for my husband's sweet Aunt.  She loves butterflies and she had seen another piece that I had completed last year and asked if I would create something along the same lines for her.  Although this didn't turn out to be an exact replica of the piece I created before, I love this one even more.  It is lighter and more luminescent than the other was.  I added 5 butterflies representing her "original family".  Now, the family has evolved and transformed, with the blessing of grandchildren and spouses.  I feel like this painting symbolizes the evolution of life...how it can change and become even more beautiful than we ever dreamed possible.







I used a vintage handkerchief for the background.  I also added some spackling paste for texture and depth.




I added various paints and inks.  Finally, I finished it off with a layer of encaustic wax to give it that dreamy effect.

This painting has found its way home, but I am open to commissions.  Feel free to contact me at: 

You can also check out my website:  www.donnamartinfineart.com

Follow me on Facebook to see my latest work and works in progress!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Forever Changed”, by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

  Forever Changed Sometimes people come into our lives unexpectedly.  They end up doing life with us, the good and the bad.  They see us through the most trying times and the offer us unwavering friendship and love.  They are “our person”.  Sometimes, they are gone way too soon.  But because of them, we are forever changed.  This piece has layers of papers, paints, inks, and is heavily textured. This piece is sold, but commissions are welcomed.  Feel free to contact me via email at  saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com .  You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram .   https://dmartinfineart.com/

Watercolor Landscape Painting, "Aspen Morning", by International Watercolor Artist, Donna L. Martin

This is an original watercolor landscape that I completed last year.  I just love using vibrant colors of purples and blues...makes me so happy! The original piece is sold, but prints are available in various sizes. View more of my work at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-donna-martin.html For questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com

"Daydreams", Original Batik Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

 Daydreams This piece is fresh off the easel!  It will be part of an online art show coming up in May.  There will be several artists showing work over the course of two weeks and my particular day is May 11th.  There will be so many great pieces of work! Here is the link for this show.  I hope you can make it! You can also reach me through email and social media. https://dmartinfineart.com/ https://www.facebook.com/donnamartinfineart https://www.instagram.com/donnamartinfineart/